Sunday, November 2, 2008

That TIme is Now


Not to overstate my case or anything.. but Tuesday is election day, in case anyone in the country may have missed that particular piece of info. I mean this particular election has gone on for what 3 years?? Seriously though, it has seemed to go on forever and is finally close to an historic ending. No matter which way you vote.

And that is what I want to say.. VOTE.. as Americans we have the responsibility to vote. It is more than a right, you have the right to remain silent, you have the right to attend whatever church you choose. You have the right to even burn the flag.. but voting?? no that is not a right.. it is a responsibility.. just like feeding and clothing your children is a responsibility. As an American it is time to stand up and make your voice heard.. It doesn't matter if you don't think one vote matters, the entire system is based on lots of one votes... I have voted in every election since I have turned 18, this year I will be going to the polls with my younger son. my oldest one will vote on his own schedule. We don't agree on anything, our points of view are a chasm apart.. that doesn't matter. What matters is taking the extra 30 minutes out of our day and going to vote.

If you choose not to accept your responsibility, the next time you choose to complain about this great country... don't. By refusing your responsibility in my opinion you loose the right to complain... ok, you don't, but you loose the right to complain to me. I won't listen. There are countries where they stand for hours, dodge bullets, freezing weather and social discrimination just for the privilege of placing their votes.. remember that on Tuesday when your life gets raggedy and busy..

In the end your vote does matter, you are part of what makes this country great

No comments:

Post a Comment