Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Interview I dont Want to be Bothered With


When did we become a nation of Jerry Springer addicts? and the sad part is, it's not Springer we are watching but the every day mainstream news. I get it when we elect an official we expect certain behavior from them ok we expect horrid spoilt childlike behavior but we dream of Representatives that serve us with honor.

Governor Spitzer made quite a few stupid and well illegal mistakes, I can live with that.. well I don't like it but I can live with it. Of course He isn't going to be prosecuted but once again unfortunately such is life. The thing that irks me, well that irks me but entirely different rant, why is it that the prostitute who did the deed with him is now getting an interview on 20/20 and what one can only imagine a cushy check to go along with it. Lets see, attention and cash? seems to me this could be considered free advertising.

I am just so sick of the morally bankrupt getting attention and accolades really what do they have to offer society? Ok, lets say they provide a service and leave it at that.. but to get the big bucks for it? When did we decide we wanted to see this, when did 20/20 once a bastion of the interesting tv magazine sinks to the level of inside edition or Jerry Springer. I thought we wanted to rise to the occasion not sink to the bottom.

I guess I just dont get it, call me helplessly naive but I wont be watching that particular interview.. I think I would prefer the Starter Wife at least that doesnt claim to be anything more than what it is.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you. Of course, I don't watch Jerry Springer, but if I did and this interview came on, I would turn it off.

    ReplyDelete