Monday, November 17, 2008

The Pregnant Man


Is it just me or does this bother anyone else? Now not the fact that a couple was able to create life and love a child. I understand that so many people want to have children and will persevere any way they can. And their odds of becoming good parents are pretty much the same as everyone else's.. You do your best and pray that you get something right.. or at the very worst they don't end up totally hating you.

No what bothers me is the entire pregnant man.. thing that the media is going ga ga over.. this is a woman who became transgendered and did not have all of her parts removed.. good thing as it turns out.. but she has female parts.. in all actuality it is a woman having a child. Oh I know she chooses to live life as a man.. well maybe to her in her inner self there was no choice.. I understand this, I accept this. But I wish the news would shut up about it, that Barbara Walters gave it more than a minutes notices totally surprises me. There are so many interesting and world changing events going on today..

Why are you cramming this drivel down our throats. This is no medical miracle, women have been transgendered before.. and women have had babies before. shoot I had four.. I get it, they are getting paid and paid well so why not sell their story but come on is this what we as a nation have sunk to? Is this really what we find fascinating?

I am a big believer in live and let live.. but please quit cramming all this crap down my throat.. I don't force feed mine down yours.. of course if Barbara wants an interview I am open and available. Hey I too could use my 15 minutes of fame.


5 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see someone shares my opinion. I could care less if you choose to live as a man or a woman. I could care less if you are gay, straight, green, blue, or a toad. But let's not kid ourselves. Like you said, this is a WOMAN having another baby. NOT A MAN!!!

    I had two kids and I wasn't on Oprah, or the cover of People. WTF? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in the UK, I haven't seen much of this except on blogs. But I do wonder who is the biological father and how s/he got pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Let me know when you are being interviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A woman, who became a man, but couldn't escape being a woman. Soooooo, is he/she married to a dude that became a woman??? Right....as jakill said....how did he/she become preggers????

    Things that make you go hmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto here... I found the news ridiculous .. how can they call that person a MAN, when the womanly parts are intact?

    ReplyDelete