Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Nightmare

Last Tuesday while Blond Girl was at a swim meet, she laid down to rest, fell asleep and stopped breathing. When her friends attempted to wake her up she was unresponsive and CPR was administered. Fortunately, she came to and was rushed to the emergency room.


Once there all tests were negative she was "fine" and "nothing" wasw wrong. The Doctors realizing that this was just wrong.. sent her to a children's pediatric ICU at another hospital for observation. Two days later and we are still not sure what is causing the problem but we are pretty secure in knowing that her heart is fine. WHEW.

Let me tell you, I had plenty of falling apart moments in the quiet of the night while she was sleeping. Fortunately, each morning she would wake and smile... everything was fine. There were plenty of prayers that started with God you gave her to me You just can't take her away.. and yeah I know I am being selfish.. Then I would give thanks for what I do have and move on. Finally about 2am this morning I woke to angels singing in my head. A full ensemble to Because He Lives.. What a great gift God gave me. Not just a reminder that He lives but that He will take care of the details..

No comments:

Post a Comment