Monday, October 17, 2011

Death of a Sportsman

I admit it, I follow the Indy circuit. I grew up watching the Indy 500 and really enjoy not only the races but the drivers, the families and the legends. The Death of Dan Whalen was a complete and utter shock. Today we see cars flip and twist several times mid air and the drivers walk away. We have been lulled into a false sense of security. We forget that this job is indeed dangerous.

I feel deeply for Dan's young family, for his wife who must now raise those boys alone, on stories of their dad. Who, seems to have been the kind of man you want your boys to become like. I feel for those babies who will never know their dad. Always wondering if they are like him, would he be proud of them, would he have been there for them.

I hope he has found his place nestled in God's palm. Resting from the journey and praising his deliverance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment