Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mama Mia what a movie


So I finally got to see Mama Mia, I have been wanting to see it since I first saw the previews. Of course who ever thought the sounds of abba would have evolved into this... as a teen in the late 70's I could almost have guaranteed two things for sure.

1. the song YMCA would have been forgotten within a year
2. Abba was just another band of the 70's to be lost amidst all the really great music.

Good thing I didn't put any money on it...

Anyway back to the movie, yet another lesson in it is never too late. I was very happily surprised at how just plain good this was. Of course I adore both Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth so how could it fail? It was good to know, that neither good sing.. and that with the exception of Christine Baranski, they were all decidedly middle aged. Nice to see that even hunks get the middle age spread.

If you haven't seen it, rent it. It is funny, poignant and just plain sweet. It starts out with one girl wanting to find out who she is and then ends with her mother accepting who she is... Interesting concept isn't it? The idea that life just constantly keeps going.

It made me smile... It made me remember and it made me dream what more could a middle aged single mom ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment