Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I want to go, I want to see


It seems to me as the years fly by, I want to go more places and see more things. I willingly chose a life of parenting and have enjoyed most of it. Of my own valition I moved to the midwest and have enjoyed most of my many years in Chicagoland (well I could have lived without the winters but even they had some purpose). But as my children grow I see what changes are ahead for me.

I am going to travel, I am going to do the things I didn't do. Well, I can dream I am going to do those things. When I was 18 I wanted to travel the states, work when I ran out of money and discover what was out there. Heck I wanted to do Europe too but I really wanted to do the states. I didn't, I did what I was supposed to do and it has been one of my very few true regrets. fortunately, it is one I can ammend.

I know I have 3 1/2 years before this can happen, but I am seriously considering buying a train ticket to somewhere, taking a bag, a camera and a laptop and finding America. I think it could be fun, interesting and just plain educational. I don't know if I will actually do it but doesn't the dream sound grand? I also dream of living in Barcelona (blame John Cleese and Fawlty Towers) but I have been in love with Barcelona ever since I first heart Manuel utter those now famous words... "I am Manuel from Barcelona".. ok, totally different topic.

For some reason though, lately my dreams have been growing and expanding.. Oh don't get me wrong I still enjoy parenting, hey I actually like my kids (well sometimes at least one of them all the time).

Just a little ramble and thought I would share what is bouncing around my brain...



No comments:

Post a Comment