Thursday, December 25, 2008

You Can't Make This Up

Merry Christmas to all!! I hope each and everyone of you had a fabulous Christmas Day.. We did!!

Of course it did get off to just a bit of a rocky start. Last night coming home from Christmas Services (having electing to forego midnight Mass) I was rushing from the truck to the front door when I hit a patch of black ice and went flying. Taking out two motorcycles and a small compact (so that part is a fib, but...). After spending about 10 minutes lying on the ice in the freezing cold, I managed to get up and hobble inside. This morning I was sprained and strained and my left hip and thigh is a glorious shade purple!!

BUT WAIT... it gets better... waiting downstairs in the lobby of the building.. knowing my daughter would be home soon, watching the clock.. it is now 1:20 am Midnight Mass is way over.. i call her friends house only to find out that they are there... the mom's truck got stuck in the snow and they were still trying to shovel out. I told them go to bed... (she has her own room there) we would have someone pick her up in the morning...

BUT WAIT... it gets better.. so my sister in law came over and she loves my Christmas fudge. I had given her the ingredients and asked her to pick them up.. so after she stops to get my daughter and having already gone to the store she comes over.. did you know that fudge requires SUGAR??? seems I forgot to ask her to pick that up... sheesh...

giggles and it was still a fabulous day... Hope yours was as well

2 comments:

  1. See, now that's why I just don't go to church ;)

    Hope you are feeling better and Merry Christmas to you!

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Christmas and I would love to try that fudge!

    ReplyDelete