Tuesday, December 30, 2008

As the Year Draws to an End


I know year end blogs are hokey.. well I have a secret for you all, so am I. But I find this year I must take the time to think about the past 12 months.

They have been, how can I put it best? oh yeah, wild, tumultuous, insane, heartbreaking, exhausting, difficult... the list goes on. As I am pretty sure it shows, it has been hard.

Yet through it all, we have survived, we are together and sometimes (on a good day) we actually like each other.

I have found focus, goals and dreams over the past few months. I have remembered that without the dreams the focus and drive are nothing.. yet too much of the dream can destroy you as well.

I am remembering who I was, yet loving who I am becoming.

I have learned to appreciate the laughter and acknowledge the tears for both are important

I have learned that I have value and the only way we loose it is if we give it away.

I have learned that it is ok to go one's own way.. actually the crime is in not going your way but another's..

So in actuality this year has been a very good one... now if I can just find a home and get the heck out of here..

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. I hope you and your family have a Happy & Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this year is better for you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete