Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year


When I was a child, my grandma told me.. oh you have a babysitting job on New Year's eve.. that is wonderful!! She then said there was an expression that went something like.. whatever you are doing on New Year's Eve you will be doing all year long.. which meant.. cool you are working so you will have work all year..

The trouble is, that saying has stuck with me my entire life.. and every New Year's I struggle with it. If I am alone I go into a depression.. worried that I will be alone for the rest of the year.. If I am unemployed, I worry that I will not have a job... see the problem? 

Yes I know this was just a silly saying that Grandma said to me that was meant to encourage but nutcase that I am... somewhere, I took it deep into my heart and it comes out every New Year.. I am thrilled that the kids all have plans.. that means they will have plans and be surrounded by friends and or family for the entire year of 2012!!

Me I am here, working on my websites and chatting w/some authors that I have meant online.. now this might sound depressing but I have this theory.... I have been chatting w/some authors to help build up our base on Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy. So that is exciting to me, says our site will continue to grow!! And by chatting with the Authors it is opening up new areas for me. I am not suffering from some grand delusion but it seems to me that life is heading in an interesting new direction... Not sure WHAT direction but 2012 has such potential.. now let's just hope the world doesn't end in December cuz that would really suck.. You know, get something new and exciting going on in my life... then the world ends.. *grins*

But seriously, everyone.. have a HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

3 comments:

  1. A Very Happy and Blessed New Year to you!! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't believe those stupid wive's tales. They don't mean a thing.

    Happy New Year!

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joyce.. oh I know that in theory it's just that one stuck in my head.. I have to laugh cuz my grandma was being supportive!

    ReplyDelete