Sunday, May 5, 2013

Has it been 17 years already?

 I think someone is doing the math wrong.. It can not be 17 years already and if it is then it wasn't 17 years before. 25 years ago I had a house in town.. I lived there for 5 years some time during that period the cicadas came!! And it was a 17 year cycle.. these babies were LOUD!!

I remember leaving my message on my machine.. something about beware the cicadas or if you can't hear me it's because the cicadas are so loud.. My mom teased me.. well that is until she said what is that buzzing in the background.. Geez mom, it was the cicadas.. Oh my gosh did she laugh.

But my point is.. if the 17 year cycle was then and it was between 20 and 25 years ago this year can not be the 17 year cycle. I may not be a rocket scientist but I can do basic math! *grins* No matter this summer promises to be a noisy one..

No comments:

Post a Comment