Saturday, November 12, 2011

Practice Your Gratitudes

Feeling down? Life stressing you out? Out of work? Children driving you crazy? Well it's time to practice your gratitudes.. Seriously! We can not change so very many thinks in our lives.. but we can be grateful for the postives. Have you ever noticed that the bad always seems to take us over. Life is hard.. and we struggle.. and yest there are those who are happy.. why? Because they know they have something to be grateful for.

It doesn't matter what it is.. there is always something. I used to by nature practice my gratitudes and I was a happy self confident person.. then along the way I started listening to so many people who would tell me to get my head out of the sand, face reality and stop pretending life was wonderful and I got bitter and mean.. and sank into a depression that it has taken me years to get out of.. And how did I get out.. finally? Why, I started practicing my gratitudes..

I woke up (I figure if you do this one you are pretty much ahead of the game)
I am healthy, overweight and under exercised but healthy non the less
I have four amazing children.. who are healthy and whole..
I have a roof over my head
I have friends
I have family (yes even if they do drive me nuts, they are there)
Someone gave up their seat on the bus for me today
Someone held the door open for me when my hands were full.. shoot someone held it open just to be polite..

See there is always something to be grateful for.. today I am going to make sure that I practice my gratitudes..

2 comments:

  1. Some days are easier than others to find things to be grateful for. And it's hard to remember to stop and think about how lucky we are---even if it just because someone was nice to us on that day. :)

    Good reminder, pally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Sometimes it is hard to remember the little things, especially when things start looking like they are going wrong. Kids driving you crazy is not the word for my kids haha but yes I love them dearly. I try to make everyday great. Some days it can be hard. I like to think of it this way: life is what we make it to be, might as well make it the best it can be! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete