Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Giving Away Your Power

I admit it, I am one of those touchy feely types.. not the actual touch part it took me forever to be able to let a friend hug me just to say hello.. and seriously when strangers do it.. yeah drives me nuts.. but... emotionally, I am one of those that lets things get under my skin.. and stay there.. letting the words of others affect me. I shouldn't. I should let those words slide off of me. I don't and that is the problem

I have spent most of my life being told that I am too sensitive that I needed to deal with it and not be such a wuss.. Over the years I have learned that MOST of the time.. this is actually their problem. I am sensitive it's who I am.. I don't have to change to make others happy.. They can learn to deal with their own issues.. and if I want to cry.. then you know what? I am gonna cry. It makes me feel better..

What I do have to work on is giving others the power to upset me. Yeah, I am one of those that remembers.. I won't say hold a grudge although when someone hurts my kids.. I have the memory of an elephant.. That is not what I am talking about.. No, I am talking about those words that are usually said without thought.. offhand, whatever.. but those words slip under my skin and fester... and then there are the words that are said for just that purpose.. to hurt. The best thing I can do is forget them. DO NOT GIVE THEM POWER.. One day I am going to learn how to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment